TS is currently seeking well qualified candidates for the following positions.
- Embedded Development Engineer
- DSP Engineer
- System Applications Engineer
- Senior Program Manager
- Systems Administrator
- Electronics Technician
Interested parties who fulfill the requirements are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other inquiries, contact Jennifer Gordon at 301-490-0112 ×114 or e-mail email@example.com.
Ideal candidates will have experience building data visualizations with D3/3js (or equivalent JS libraries), a wider experience of other programming languages, experience or interest in RF, be comfortable with Windows and backend Unix platforms, and have an insatiable curiosity.
We're a dedicated team, working in a fast-paced, agile environment, playing with some amazing hardware (much of it designed in-house) and some big data sets.
Active security clearance is desirable but not required.
- 8+ years of experience as full-stack software engineer
- Mastery of C#, .NET frameworks
- Exposure to Java
- Passion for good code and UI/UX design
- Comfortable in agile (scrum) development environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience with code repository (e.g., git), documentation systems (e.g., Confluence), and issue tracking (e.g., Jira)
- A passion for staying on top of the latest technologies
- Experience with D3/3js or similar data visualization libraries in JS
- Experience with or interest in RF
- Facility with other programming languages
- Windows and Unix development platforms
- Be inexhaustibly curious and multifarious
Embedded Development Engineer
The Embedded Development Engineer will work with the design and development team to develop embedded hardware and software products that support Transformational Security’s networked and stand-alone RF products. Specific tasks include:
- Develop embedded applications to perform command and control, and process data on target platforms
- Support FPGA/CPLD development efforts
- Develop test procedures and support debug of embedded system hardware
- Work with other software developers, and mechanical, electrical and RF engineers to develop and allocate system requirements, write hardware and software specifications, and develop interface control documents
- Support end-to-end system integration and test activities, and conduct troubleshooting of embedded system hardware
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management procedures
- Participate in peer reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or mathematics with 5 years of related experience, or a master’s degree with 3 years of experience.
- US Citizen
- Experience with Linux, MacOS, and Windows
- Experience with C, C++, Python
- Experience with Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black, or similar platforms
- Experience with DSP and/or ARM processor architectures
- Experience integrating with typical FPGA data interfaces, such as SRIO and PCIe
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple team members
- Self-motivated, adaptable, creative, and comfortable working independently
- An active Top Secret security clearance with SCI and Poly or ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI and Poly
- Experience with C#
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with PSOC and similar architectures
- Familiar with electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
DSP Engineer will have an intimate understanding of wireless communications, signal processing and the implementation of algorithms efficiently in digital hardware, primarily DSP, CISC, and RISC processors. The engineer will design, debug, and test signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms and work with a product development team to help meet customer requirements. An active security clearance is desirable but not required.
- Design, debug, and test signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms supporting intelligence, defense, and other government missions
- Work with a product development team to develop concepts, identify creative solutions to customer requirements and assess feasibility of these solutions.
- Conceive, analyze, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain software-based solutions for modern communications systems. Implementation includes algorithm development, hardware control, system optimization and deployment strategies.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required; candidate should have at least 5-7 years of experience.
- Must have an intimate understanding of the digital signal processing architectures and can provide insight and assistance to other design engineers
- Must have experience with signal processing, DSP design, and algorithmic code development
- Must be able to design, simulate, develop and test DSP algorithms for software-defined radios, modulators, demodulators, signal identification, cognitive radio, and various wireless communications
- Working knowledge of MIMO and wireless communications standards
- Experience with code development and optimization targeting DSP, CISC, and RISC processors
- Must be able to develop and document designs, simulations, analyses and test results.
- Must be able to work independently in the lab and as part of a team to perform hardware check-out and debug.
- Experience with receiving and conducting design reviews
- Should be familiar with system impacts of device architectures on performance, SWaP, and cost
- Should be familiar with both fixed-point and floating-point designs
- Experience with MATLAB, GNURadio, and USRPs
- Experience with C/C++ development for classes of processors, such as TI DSPs, and vector processors desired
- Experience with RTL code development using Verilog or VHDL in FPGAs beneficial
System Applications Engineer
Transformational Security has a “team” approach when working with our clients. Our System Applications Engineers are indispensable members of the team. The successful candidate in this key, customer-facing position will interact with clients and internal engineering and production teams, as well as routinely visit and support client installations to ensure that their systems are operating at peak performance.
We are looking for technically minded individuals with strong troubleshooting skills. As a key contributor, this employee will not only help our customers resolve complex issues but will also be working closely with the product development and engineering staff to provide feedback for product improvement. This role will drive process and procedure enhancements to deliver peak performance and overall customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate is one who enjoys spanning multiple technologies and knows the difference between “good enough” and “done right.”
Recent experience in an operational environment is strongly desired.
An active Secret security clearance is required. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred. The ability to obtain a TS/SCI with polygraph is also required.
- Support all aspects of the design, development, integration, test, delivery, deployment, and acceptance of networked and stand-alone RF/SIGINT/Electronic Warfare/Spectrum Monitoring systems.
- Work with software developer and mechanical, electrical, and RF engineers to develop and allocate system requirements, conduct trade studies, write hardware and software specifications, and develop interface control documents.
- Work with engineering and client staff to develop system architectures, plan installation and commissioning of client systems, and ensure continued successful operation of the systems.
- Coordinate with customers to schedule regular site visits for routine maintenance, monitor system performance, run diagnostics, and/or install new gear.
- Site support will typically constitute at least fifty percent of work activity. 80% of site support is within 50 miles of Washington, DC.
- Install, configure, test, troubleshoot, and maintain macOS, Windows Server & Windows Professional operating systems. Experience with Linux is a plus.
- Install, configure, test, troubleshoot, and maintain commercial and company proprietary software running on macOS and Windows operating systems.
- Install, configure, test, troubleshoot, and maintain other network equipment including servers, workstations, switches, and storage arrays.
- Provide technical support to operators and users of deployed systems.
- Maintain design and operations documentation and keep meticulous configuration control logs and notes.
- Typically on site with customers two to three days per week performing routine maintenance, diagnostics, or installations.
- Candidates will have a Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, physics or mathematics with 5 to 20 years of related experience or military training in an operationally relevant discipline and environment with 7-20 years experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in systems engineering and product development in the area of wireless communications intelligence or a closely related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems development, integration, test, deployment, and support of RF or SIGINT systems
- Practical experience and knowledge in RF engineering and antennas for signal-processing systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with the intelligence or broader RF community
- Understanding of wireless communications signal processing including the following areas: antennas, propagation, receivers, modulation and demodulation, direction finding, and 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless standards/protocols (e.g., GSM, GPRS, CDMA, EVDO, WCDMA, LTE)
Senior Program Manager
Transformational Security, LLC, is seeking a Senior Program Manager responsible for the management of programs encompassing systems engineering, installation, configuration, and operation and maintenance of complex RF detection and monitoring systems. Includes systems engineering design and management to advance hardware and software capabilities. Works closely with the government PM to set and manage expectations for contract deliverables. The PM is responsible for overall cost, schedule, and performance for multiple task orders, typically via firm-fixed price contract vehicles.
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance throughout the life cycle of the program. Manage resources, delegate tasks, and provide ongoing leadership and oversight to ensure performance is on schedule and within budget.
- Establish milestones and monitor milestone progress. Proactively identify programmatic issues and implement solutions. Prioritize program workload and requirements, maintaining resources with the appropriate skill sets and experience to accomplish program objectives.
- Act as the primary POC with the customer for all program activities. Meet weekly with the customer to provide status updates as it relates to cost, schedule, and technical performance. Frequent contact with customers in and around the Washington, D.C., region. Occasional CONUS and Canada travel.
- Collaborate with the customer to enhance current business and develop new business opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations/briefs to internal and external stakeholders. Includes periodic briefs to the internal, executive leadership team on technical and financial performance, as well as overall customer satisfaction and customer intents for the future.
- Lead efforts associated with the preparation of contract proposals, generating statements of work, and detailing performance outcomes. This includes coordination with internal staff to generate cost/price proposals, as well as contract negotiations with the customer.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in an Engineering Discipline is preferred with at least 10 years of relevant experience directing and managing technically complex programs.
- Prior program management experience with government contracts.
- Prior management experience of hardware/software integration programs.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Preferred experience with RF/SIGINT/Electronic Warfare/Spectrum Monitoring Systems
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- PMP certification
Transformational Security, LLC is seeking a disciplined, organized, and efficient systems administrator to provide support in the areas of hardware, software, network, and communications systems to the organization.
Successful candidates must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and be able to handle multiple tasks with little supervision.
Clearance Requirement: U.S. citizen and possess the ability to obtain SECRET and/or TOP SECRET Clearance
- Must be able to administer and resolve hardware and software issues on Mac and PC computers.
- Must be familiar with client-to-site VPN connections and troubleshooting issues
- Manage all aspects of IT within the company, including but not limited to: IT support, network infrastructure, software licenses, and audio-visual equipment.
- Manage a variety of appliances and services including:
- Barracuda firewall, spam firewall, and VPN appliances
- ESI phone system
- Network gateways and switches, including Ethernet and Wi-Fi
- Virtual machines on a variety of platforms
- Wasp Inventory Suite
- Other IT systems
- Manage desktop support for applications and operating systems including:
- Microsoft Windows
- macOS and included macOS applications (e.g., Mail, Calendar, etc.)
- Microsoft Office / Office 365
- Adobe suite
- Manage procurement and inventory process for new IT equipment including desktops, laptops, servers, and miscellaneous hardware for a fast-paced mission-critical company.
- Communicate effectively with staff about all IT activities, planned and unplanned outages, IT systems development (changes in existing IT products or processes). Communicate with management about project IT needs and how to implement IT strategies to meet expectations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor back-up procedures for all critical IT systems.
- Continuously assess potentially applicable IT software and hardware applications.
- Understand and implement security standards on servers and end points.
- Monthly (weekend) maintenance work is required, as well as after-hours support for customer-impacting issues, as required with little to no advanced notice.
- Ability to advise management on selection of business applications and ability to plan and perform the procurement, installation, and commissioning of business applications.
- Candidates must be a legal U.S. citizen and possess the ability to obtain SECRET and/or TOP SECRET Clearance
- B.S. degree in Information Technology or similar
- 5-8 years of directly related experience
- Excellent communications skills.
- Superior work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both independently and in a team environment
The Electronics Technician will test, troubleshoot, and repair complex electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assemblies. The technician will perform functional tests to determine product conformance to specifications and will identify, document, communicate and repair parts or assemblies that are non-functional or are out of tolerance. The technician will be responsible for assisting the engineer in product development and manufacturing activities as well as providing technical field support in installation and troubleshooting for the released products. Technicians are required to be computer literate and able to use electronic test equipment, test diagnostics, and any special tests designated by Engineering to identify causes of failure in operational components used in products.
An active security clearance is desirable but not required.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience. Successful completion of an accredited program as an electronic technician or significant OJT that results in the ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge/experience with the manufacturing and test of RF devices, testing methods and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Component-level troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to both use and create test procedures, assembly instructions, and work procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have good communication skills and work cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of the principles of electronic theory and engineering methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMM's, function generators, network analyzers, power meters, and spectrum analyzers.
- Knowledge of computers, peripheral equipment, and related devices.
- Working knowledge/skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.